In addition to the strong partnership with local health departments, the Ohio Department of Health values its relationship with those supporting organizations of public health locally, statewide and on a national level.
- ODH hosts a quarterly meeting with the public health partnership and academic partners as well as attends individual meetings of those organizations in various roles.
- ODH is a member of the Research Association for Public Health Improvement (RAPHI).
- ODH partners with the public health associations to host an annual combined public health conference held each May and the Associations of Ohio Health Commissioners for the AOHC conference each September.
- ODH is a member of the Association of State and Territorial Local Health Liaison Officials (ASTLHLO).
State Public Health Associations
State Agencies and Offices
Universities and Research
- Research findings suggest that public health agencies might benefit from partnerships with business, nonprofits, health care and other sectors to more effectively address health issues that affect everyone in a community.
- US Healthiest exists to catalyze action and social engagement
- Partnerships between Federally Qualified Health Centers and Local Health Departments for Engaging in the Development of a Community-Based System of Care
Last updated: 08/08/2014