Child & Family Health Services
The Child and Family Health Services (CFHS) Program is an organized community effort to eliminate health disparities, improve birth outcomes and improve the health status of women, infants and children in Ohio.
- Community Health Assessment and Planning
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Perinatal Health
- Ohio Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative (OIMRI)
- Ohio Institute for Equity in Birth Outcomes (OEI)
Who Do We Serve?
We focus on low-income women and children in socio-economic, racial and ethnic groups that are disproportionately affected by poor health in geographic areas and populations of highest need. We serve over 15,000 women and children each year. We currently fund 61 projects in 64 counties across Ohio.
- Assess and monitor maternal and child health status
- Inform and educate the public and families about maternal and child health issues
- Providing leadership to assure the health of women, children, youth and their families
- Link women, children and youth to services
- Assure access to health care
- Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility and quality of health care services
A Collaborative Approach
The goals of CFHS are accomplished by engaging in a focused, multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to health improvement. This is done in coordination with internal and external stakeholders that serve groups that are disproportionately affected by poor health outcomes. including, but not limited to:
- Local public health agencies
- Community health centers
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Private-sector organizations
- Public health providers
- Culturally competent programs and services are provided to a diverse population in the service delivery area.
CFHS funding sources include:
- Maternal and Child Health Block Grant (Title V)
- State General Revenue Funds
See CFHS Measures and Strategies FY 2015 for more information on services provided by CFHS Programs.
CFHS webinar/video recordings:
Socio-emotional/Addiction video training recordings
Ohio Department of Health
CFHS Program 246 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Telephone: (614) 466-5332
Fax: (614) 564-2433
Last Updated: 6/9/2016