Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitting Licensing Board - Licenses
Individual License Requirements:
An individual who wants to become a licensed hearing aid dealer and fitter must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least eighteen years of age
- Is a person of good moral character
- Is free of contagious or infectious diseases
- Has successfully passed the qualifying examination specified and administered by the Board.
The qualifying examination is administered in two parts. The candidate must first pass the written examination before he/she is eligible to take the performance examination.
Individual License Application Procedure:
At least thirty days prior to taking the written examination each applicant must submit the following information to the Board:
- Application for individual license
- Application for examination
- Check or money order, payable to Treasurer, State of Ohio, for $262.00
- Physicians statement certifying that he/she is free of contagious or infectious diseases (if the applicant holds a trainee permit the physician statement submitted with the permit application will be used with this application)
Corporation License Requirements:
According to Section 4747.02 of the Revised Code any corporation that fits or sells hearing aids must hold a hearing aid dealers and fitters license.
Corporation License Application Procedure:
To apply for the corporation license, a responsible party, on behalf of the corporation, must submit a completed application to the Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Licensing Board, 246 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. The application must be accompanied with a check or money order, payable to Treasurer, State of Ohio in the amount of $262.00. The only sections of the application that need to be completed for the corporation license are item D under This application is for:, and items 6, 8, and the affidavit.
Last Updated: 1/3/07