Nurse Aide Registry Requirements
Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) rule 3701-17-07.3, describes the maintenance for all individuals who have met the competency requirements of division (A) of section 3721.32 of the Ohio Revised Code and are on the Nurse Aide Registry.
The department may not continue to list an individual on the registry as eligible to work in a long-term care facility unless the department has received verification in accordance with paragraph (C) of this rule that the individual provided at least seven and one-half consecutive hours or eight hours in a forty-eight hour period of nursing and nursing-related services for compensation during the twenty-four month period immediately following either the date that the individual was placed on the registry or the most recent date of verified work.
If an individual desires to remain on the registry as eligible to work as a nurse aide but is not eligible because more than twenty-four consecutive months have passed since the last date of verified work, the individual must do one of the following:
- Submit documentation showing that he or she has provided at least seven and one-half consecutive hours or eight hours in a forty-eight-hour period of nursing and nursing-related services for compensation during that twenty-four month period; or
- Successfully complete additional training and competency evaluation by complying with paragraphs (D)(1) and (D)(2) of rule 3701-17-07.1 of the Administrative Code.
The documentation required in paragraph (C)(1) of this rule shall include either of the following:
- In the case of a facility, agency or any other health care provider that is authorized under applicable law to provide services that include implementation of portions of a nursing regimen, as defined by section 4723.01 of the Revised Code, a statement verifying the dates that the individual performed nursing and nursing-related services for compensation; or
- A statement by a physician or nurse verifying that he or she has personal knowledge that the individual provided nursing and nursing-related services to a patient under the physician's or nurse's care. The statement shall further verify:
- The name of the individual that provided nursing and nursing-related services for such patient;
- The nature of the nursing and nursing-related services and the date or dates the individual last provided seven and one-half consecutive hours or eight hours in a forty-eight hour period of nursing and nursing related services;
- That the individual received compensation for the services specified in paragraph (D)(2)(b) of this rule. If the physician or nurse is unable to verify that the individual was compensated for those services, the individual must provide further proof that he or she received compensation for the specified services.
Additional questions regarding these rules may be addressed to either the Nurse Aide Registry at (800) 582–5908 (in state) or (614) 752–9500 (out of state). If you have questions regarding location and dates for nurse aide training classes you may call (614) 752–8285.
Last Updated: 6/16/08