X-Ray Registration Application
New facility applications are completed online at least 30 days prior to handling the equipment, after creating an account in the ODH Gateway as a new Gateway user. Registrations are not transferrable. If adding additional equipment to your registration, a new application is not required. If you experience any problems with the ODH Gateway or have questions regarding your user ID or password, please contact ODH X-ray Registration at (614) 995-4727 or e-mail email@example.com.
Possession of X-ray equipment, in storage or rendered inoperable requires a valid registration.
To apply online the following four items are required:
Gateway Access (E-mail address required)
IRS 147C, CP 575 or SS-4 tax identification verification letter
- If you do not have your IRS tax identification letter available, call IRS at 1-800-829-4933 and request your “Tax Identification Verification 147C letter” and have the IRS FAX the letter to you. This process will take 1-2 minutes (W-9s WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.)
The official name on the tax verification letter is the “Registrant Name” to be entered on the Application. The Tax ID# on the tax letter is the tax number to be entered on the Application.
- Scan/Upload capability or electronic file of IRS tax identification letter is required to complete the application request
- You must have your IRS tax verification letter available in electronic form before you begin the application process.
- Credit card or electronic check for payment of $262.00 is required to complete the application request
- You must have your credit card or checkbook available before you begin the application process.
When you have successfully completed this application process online, you will receive online confirmation your application has been submitted to the Ohio Department of Health.
After review and approval, you will receive an e-mail within one to three business days confirming your registration number.
New ODH Gateway Users
If you have not created an account in the ODH Gateway, please click on the Originator Entry Form. You will need to have an e-mail address in order to receive your user ID and temporary password. You will be required to change your temporary password the first time you access the ODH Gateway. Additionally, you will be required to update the Security Question and Answer by selecting the Personal Info tab once in the ODH Gateway.
Existing ODH Gateway Users
If you have an established ODH Gateway user ID and password, please select ODH Gateway in order to access the X-ray Registration System (XRS).
If you experience any problems with the ODH Gateway, or have questions regarding your user ID or password, please contact ODH computer support staff at 614.752.5190, option 3, for assistance.
Hard Copy Application (alternate option to the online application)
Please note that the application fee of $262.00 and the IRS tax identification letter must be submitted with the application before it will be considered to be complete. Normal processing time for applications received via mail is approximately two to three weeks. ODH encourages all applicants to apply and pay for their new registration online.
Last Updated: 5/25/16