General X-ray Machine Operator (GXMO) License Requirements:
Below are the steps to take in order to receive a GXMO license:
Step 1: Complete a GXMO didactic educational program accredited by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), or be a student enrolled in a radiologic technology program of study.
Step 2: After completing an accredited GXMO didactic educational program or enrollment in a radiologic technology program of study, the program director will supply you with a GXMO examination registration packet. The original examination registration form must be submitted to RadEd by the exam registration deadline on the form. The cost of the examination is $100.
Upon completion of the examination, RadEd will send an official examination score certificate. The examination may be repeated as many times as necessary within one year of successful completion of a didactic educational program. If an applicant does not pass the state examination within the one-year period, the individual must retake the didactic education prior to retesting.
Step 3: Complete at least one GXMO clinical educational program accredited by the Department, specific to the type(s) of procedures performed, or if a student enrolled in a radiologic technology program of study, have your program director complete the Clinical Competency Affidavit form.
Step 4: Submit your complete application to ODH. You may apply and pay online or via a hard copy application. A complete application must include the following:
- Application and fee in the amount of $65.
- Didactic course certificate, or college transcript if a student enrolled in a radiologic technology program of study.
- Clinical course certificate(s), or a student enrolled in a radiological technology program of study, Clinical Competency Affidavit form.
- Examination certificate with a passing score of at least 70 percent.
Currently Licensed GXMOs: Updating your License to Operate Digital Equipment
- Go to Apply, Amend or Renew to add the clinical module(s) you have completed, and submit, via fax, mail or upload online, your clinical course certificate(s).